CORPORATIONS ILLEGALLY TRICK CONSUMERS INTO BUYING NEW IPHONES THEY DON'T NEED.
Here is how they do it:
NOTICE OF CLASS ACTION AND DEMAND
This Is Notice of Class Action and a Demand to Immediately Unlock All Mobile Wireless Devices in the United States.
Third Party Computer Vendors of Mobile Wireless Devices
From: Lauren Paulson on Behalf of The Class
Date: Tuesday, May 6, 2014
At all times material hereto, Apple, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular and other mobile wireless manufacturers, carriers and providers have conspired to engage in uncompetitive and illegal practices known as ‘locking’ a consumer’s mobile wireless device (here telephones). ‘Locking’ forces consumers to needlessly purchase a new telephone when switching mobile wireless device carriers. Consumers of mobile wireless devices do not know the device nor mobile wireless carrier services are ‘locked’ when securing or purchasing said devices or services.
This practice and these ‘locking’ practices are an illegal collusive practice in restraint of trade in violation of the Sherman Act of 1890,
the Clayton Act of 1914, the Federal Trade Commission Act of 1914, The Consumer Code For Wireless Service and the intentional violation of the Federal Communications Announcement dated December 11, 2013: in which there was a voluntary commitment among mobile wireless service providers on standards for policies on unlocking mobile wireless devices. ‘Unlocking’ a device allows consumers to move their device from one network to another compatible network.
Further, the CTIA-TheWireless Association is intentionally in violation of their own adopted standards on mobile wireless device unlocking and their said commitment thereto dated February 11, 2014 among other violations and laws in illegal restraint of trade.
The above identified companies are in intentional and open violation of the aforementioned laws, consents, commitments and agreements causing known and unknown injuries to consumers such as Lauren Paulson, who is acting on behalf of the class of consumers similarly situated all to their damage in the amount of $10,000 each, or such amounts as are proved at trial. These consumers are also entitled to punitive damages in an amount of $500,000 or such amounts as are proved at trial for their failure to abide by the federal and state anti-trust laws because such violations are intentional notwithstanding said voluntary consents and commitments to cease said actions of ‘locking’ mobile wireless networks and devices. These violations cause the ordinary consumer to lose their telephone service or incur costs of purchasing replacement telephones causing known and unknown damages to vulnerable consumers in need of EMERGENCY MEDICAL CARE and are unable to obtain needed medical care due to these illegal ‘locking’ practices aforesaid.
These parties have conspired with computer vendors known as Third Party Vendors such as Software Electronics of Portland, Oregon who would normally provide the ‘unlocking’ of consumer telephones but refuse to do so because of the illegal acts aforesaid.
Apple has colluded with said mobile wireless device carriers to lock said telephones and refuses to unlock these devices in clear violations of the antitrust laws, agreements, consents and commitments aforesaid.
“Lauren, (email from Apple dated May 5, 2014)
I completely understand the frustration. Apple only sells contracted iPhones with subsidies or Unlocked/Full Price iPhones without subsidies. If you paid anything other than the full price (starting in the neighborhood of $649 for newer iPhones) for the device that would mean you received a subsidized price from the company who's contracted cellular plan you signed with. That would require a "sim-locked" phone for that particular carrier.
The part that confuses me the most is that all resources I have utlizied (sic) state that the Sprint iPhone does not use the same radio bands as T-Mobile. Essentially, the iPhone 4S you have was never physically intended to support T-Mobile's cellular technology, locked/unlocked aside. Which is why I find it interesting that the phone was functioning for you prior to this issue.
I understand that information does not resolve your issue. In short, I would continue partnering with John from T-Mobile and even look into the loaner option he offered to get you back up and running.
Long term, you will have to consider getting a phone that is either unlocked for use on a GSM network (the technology T-Mobile and AT&T use) and/or purchase a T-Mobile specific iPhone. You can looking (sic) into trade-in/recycling options to recoup some value from your older Sprint iPhone 4S"
Apple Store, Pioneer Place”
THIS NOTICE IS BEING PROVIDED TO THE STATE’S ATTORNEY GENERALS, THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE, THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION, THE FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION AND OTHER RELEVANT CONSUMER AGENCIES AND DEPARTMENTS. THESE ENTITIES ARE CHARGED WITH ENFORCEMENT OF ILLEGAL ACTS IN RESTRAINT OF TRADE AND THE ILLEGAL CREATION OF MONOPOLIES AND SUCH ORDERS SHOULD BE ISSUED TO IMMEDIATELY stop this illegal behavior and to impose necessary and proper remedies, and issue appropriate Orders or Consent Decrees to immediately cease and desist said illegal and improper ‘locking’ or failing to provide ‘unlocking’ activities.
Private civil suits may be brought, in both state and federal court, against violators of state and federal antitrust law. Federal antitrust laws, as well as most state laws, provide for triple damages against antitrust violators in order to encourage private lawsuit enforcement of antitrust law.
/S/ Lauren Paulson on behalf of the Class
Contact: Lauren Paulson
827C Ransom Ave
Brookings, OR 97415
503 470 9709 (not functioning since April 18, 2014 due to said ‘locking’)
YES, I AM LISTENING TO YOU,
But Are You Listening to Me?
I don’t think so. Yesterday, my Senator Ron Wyden wrote to me in one of those e-mails that ends with a contribution request.
Not long ago I attended Senator Wyden’s town hall meeting and asked him a specific question about the failure of our judiciary in Oregon and elsewhere. I provided his staff with my study of the subject and asked for a response. Thus far, I have not heard anything from the good Senator Wyden. (By the way, I am very proud of our Oregon senators in most regards.)
Politicians count on citizens NOT following up. So, today I am going to follow-up with Senator Wyden on my subject of Judicial Evaluations in conjunction with Oregon’s appellate judiciary being the worst in the nation. I will let you know what happens.
Here is the barrier to the process of being in touch with your politician locally or across the nation. When they send you an e-mail blast, they can do one e-mail blast to us all through a list-serve. But they have set up a barrier for us to ‘list-serve’ them back. Each entity that does not really want to hear from you has a template where you have to individually type everything back including your name.
Thus, it is very easy for them to send you information, but it is very cumbersome to write them back.
I have noticed that every entity that really does not want to hear from you has this barrier to a simple e-mail from you to them.
Then the next question is whether they ‘get back’ to you.
So, here is my experiment. I am going to copy this article to Senator Wyden to see if I get an individualized response back.
This is the other pattern I am seeing in the world of communication. If I call someone or e-mail someone in the government or business world, I am amazed with which brazenness they ignore you. Let’s say I have a ‘letter to the editor’ of my local newspaper. Off it goes and no one ever gets back to me nor does the article get printed. Let’s say I have identified pollution in my local area caused by corporate malfeasance. So, I report it to the EPA. No one ever gets back to you. It is up to you to follow-up. In my corporate days long ago, I would always return my telephone calls or a letter to me.
Recently, I gave my local city council my studied article on how to utilize eminent domain to cope with the housing foreclosure mess. No body ever got back to me. What if it was the best idea since sliced bread?
This is what I am now going to do here. I am going to send this to Senator Wyden to ask him if he read my study of judicial malaise and to see if he gets back to me. Then I will get back to you. If I don’t let me know. I don’t want to be like them.
claurenpaulson2014 firstname.lastname@example.org bulletinsfromaloha
WOMEN AND WAR
Let Us Put Women In Charge of War
My friend was not able to go on a skiing vacation with us this year because of disabilities caused by his year in the Vietnam War. My service escaped those ravages. The hurt of knowing that my friend Bill Bonnell was killed in Vietnam shortly after I got out of the U.S. Army caused me to avoid anything to do with that horrible war.
Now it is different. The passage of time caused me to be curious about how we ever got sucked into that war shortly after France got their butt kicked there. Recently, I read four seminal books on the subject:
1. Neil Sheehan (1989). A Bright Shining Lie: John Paul Vann and America in Vietnam. New York, Vintage.
2. Sallah, Michael and Mitch Weiss. Tiger Force: A True Story of Men and War. New York: Little, Brown and Company, 2006.
3. (1995) In Retrospect: The Tragedy and Lessons of Vietnam. (Robert McNamara with Brian VanDeMark.) New York: Times Books, 1995. ISBN 0-8129-2523-8; New York: Vintage Books, 1996. ISBN 0-679-76749-5.
4. Stanley Karnow, Vietnam, A History, The First Complete Account of Vietnam at War, The Viking Press, 1983
The Vietnam War is a result of befuddled U.S leadership not understanding that Ho Chi Min’s quest was born in nationalism; NOT communism and the domino theory. But, more than that, it was born of stupid men. A glance at any of these books proves how stupid our American leadership was throughout.
There is not a trace of women’s influence in the decisions of this war. Nowhere.
Today, I watched in dismay as Senator John McClain upbraided Secretary of State John Kerry for carrying a twig rather than a big stick in foreign affairs. McClain would bomb first, talk later.
Since the dawn of time men have been in charge of war.
Alexander III of Macedon, commonly known as Alexander the Great, was a king of the Greek kingdom of Macedon. Born in Pella in 356 BC, Alexander succeeded his father, Philip II to the throne at the age of twenty and conquered most of the known world at the time. And so it has been since. Look at Putin.
One can read what these wars do to our young people. But, one already knows.
Men have been failures at keeping all humans out of war. Their testosterone leads humans to war after war after war. It is time to stop. No more war in the hands of Senator John McClain. No more war in the hands of men.
LET’S PUT WOMEN IN CHARGE OF WAR AROUND THE WORLD—-NOW!
claurenpaulson2014 email@example.com bulletinsfromaloha.org
THE BIGOT I KNOW
HE IS not CLOSE TO ME, OR IS HE? LET ME INTRODUCE MY business ACQUAINTANCE, mr. ED harnden, A DOWNTOWN LAWYER.
ONE DAY, DOWNTOWN,
I ASKED MY MOTHER….’WHY DO PEOPLE HATE NEGROES’?
THE OCCASION OF THE ASKING WAS my LOOKING AT AN ELEGANT, BEAUTIFUL BLACK WOMAN CROSSING THE INTERSECTION BESIDE ME.
I WAS SIX
FOR TWENTY YEARS I DID CIVIL RIGHTS LAW. TAKE IT FROM ME……NOTHING IS CHANGED. NOTHING.
I WAS FORTY-FIVE
I WAS FIFTY-FIVE
i wanted to change the world and stop bigotry. the LEGAL world AND INTEL told me THEY wERE not ready for change.
i am seventy
ed harnden still plies his trade for the rich and powerful… WHILE i am DEAD IN THE LEGAL world….except FOR this powerful pen.
SADLY, greg is dead in THIS world............
and nothing has changed.
CURRENT TABLE OF CONTENTS
TABLE OF CONTENTS (Note Foreclosure Law Articles-and on Drones Torture, Due Process -Below)
1. Welcome To A New Blog Site for Oregon Lawyers(2/4/07)
2. Opening Page -- Purpose of This Blog Site (2/4/07)
3. Update -- The Oregon State Bar's Confused Organization( 2/6/07)
4. Feedback and Leadership at the Oregon State Bar(3/28/07)
5. Packing the Court -- The Oregon State Bar is an Oligarchy(4/5/07)
6. A Monumental Failure of Leadership(4/28/07)
7. Our Judicial Emperors Have No Clothes(5/22/07)
8. Oregon's Court of Appeals Has No Clothes(5/29/07)
9. Lawyer Advertising -- Not!(6/4/07)
10. Attorneys With Kind Hearts(6/10/07)
11. To Tell You The Truth(6/19/07)
12. Judicial Emperors With Clothes of Gold(6/23/07)
13. The "F" Word(6/25/07)
14. The Strange Case of Judge Michael McElligott(6/29/07)
15. A Simple Proposal for Judicial Accountability(7/11/07)
16. Legal Malpractice Got Me To Mt. Hood(7/19/07)
17. How Much Would You Spend to Shut Me Up?(7/31/07)
18. Erased -- By the Oregon State Bar(8/13/07)
19. They Rule, But Do Judges Read What You Send Them?(8/22/07)
20. Finally, A Solution to Divorce in America(8/27/07)
21. Silence is an Accomplice to Injustice(9/4/07)
22. Oregon Lawyers and the Oregon Media(9/16/07)
23. The Oregon Federal Court -- Evaluated(9/24/07)
24. The Oregon State Bar House of Delegates Meeting(10/3/07)
25. Oregon State Bar's Member Services--The Black Hole(10/5/07)
26. Whoever Has the Biggest Megaphone Wins(10/5/07)
27. Reality Overcomes Hope at the Oregon State Bar(10/10/07)
28. Common Law Does Not Make Common Sense(1/1/08)
29. Everybody is Looking the Wrong Way for Legal Help(1/9/08)
30. Does the Oregon State Bar Make Common Sense?(1/10/08)
31. You Are Not Entitled to a Jury Trial(1/23/08)
32. Roadmap To Improve Our Legal System(1/28/08)
33. Minority ‘Rites' of Passage in Oregon(2/1/08)
34. Our Legal System Has It Exactly Backwards(2/13/08)
35. In Defense of Your Local Lawyer(2/19/08)
36. One Year Anniversary of This Blog(2/22/08)
37. A ‘Subprime' Odyssey(2/26/08)
38. Rogue's Gallery is Too Good For Some(3/6/08)
39. An Open Letter to Justice Sandra Day O'Connor(3/13/08)
40. So You Want To Be A Blogger(3/19/08)
41. The Death of Ivan Ilych(4/1/08)
42. The New Oregon State Bar Center(4/8/08)
43. Theories for Legal Improvement -- And For Revolution(4/16/08)
44. Judicial Elections -- and Judicial Evaluations(4/23/08)
45. The Real Estate Auction -- The New Kid on The Block(4/30/08)
46. The Good Lawyers Do!(5/7/08)
47. The Power at The Oregon State Bar -- Practical Magic(5/14/08)
48. Report Card on The Oregon Supreme Court(6/10/08)
49. An Open Letter to Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.(7/30/08)
50. Structured Settlements(8/7/08)
51. America, The Rule of Law and Torture(8/12/08)
52. Confessions of a Court-Appointed Criminal Defense Attorney(8/29/08)
53. Yes, Virginia The Sky IS Falling(9/19/08)
54. The Master Litigator(9/23/08)
55. A Model Legal System(10/1/08)
56. The Iconoclast(10/4/08)
57. A Model Legal System -- Subpart #1(10/7/08)
58. Legal Reading Lite(10/10/08)
59. A Model Legal System -- (Subpart #2(10/15/08)
60. Legal Reading Lite(10/16/08)
61. Viewer Comments(10/18/08)
62. A Model Legal System -- Subpart #3(10/21/08)
63. Judicial Elections Anyone!(10/27/08)
64. Redistribution Anyone?(10/30/08)
141. Eviction Court